Foot and toenail fungus is an embarrassing and serious annoyance.
Just the thought of idea of walking into your local pharmacy to search for the best antifungal cream for your feet can be one of life‚Äôs most shameful experiences, as we are too ashamed to ask for help and just want to grab the first antifungal cream in sight and get out of there.
Normally ending up with the wrong antifungal cream.
In this article, we will discover what is the best antifungal cream for you.
What Are Antifungal Creams Used for?
Antifungal creams can be used to cure a wide variety of skin conditions such as athlete’s foot, yeast infections, eczema, ringworm, jock itch and nail funguses. They are applied to the skin and are considered to be topical medications that are designed to reduce fungus growth upon contact.
Most good quality antifungal creams are available over the counter, so you don’t need a prescription. Some creams include medicines that help reduce itching that often comes hand-in-hand with fungal infections.
How to Choose Antifungal Cream
Here are some helpful suggestions to help you choose the correct antifungal cream for your feet:
When choosing an antifungal cream, look for active ingredients such as miconazole, econazole, tioconazole and clotrimazole, which help kill all types of funguses. Foot creams being used for rashes or itchy skin should contain hydrocortisone.
Top 5 Best Antifungal Creams Review 2017
Here is a small list of some of the most popular and recommended antifungal creams for feet. Each of these creams help eases in relieving itchy and dry skin that is often caused by fungal infections.
All of these creams are highly recommended by dermatologists worldwide.
1. Purely Northwest – Best Antifungal Cream for Ringworm
This is a powerful soap that washes away athletes foot, ringworm and toenail fungus. Its extra strength formula is enriched with top quality essential oils and botanicals that have been used for centuries for their natural antifungal properties.
They only use natural ingredients and contain no parabens, silicone and synthetic fragrances. Their concentrated lotion is designed to be used daily to prevent skin infections and leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth.
- It is made in United States and offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied, they will give you your money back, no questions asked.
- This product really works. It can wash away your athletes foot in a matter of days, with no reoccurrences.
- It is made up of natural ingredients that eat up all type of bacteria and fungus that might be growing on our skin. It is safe to use all over our body and for a daily use.
- It has a pleasant smell that is very relaxing to use.
- It may cause some dryness and cracking for some people. If you find it dries your skin out, just apply a moisturizer after using, to rehydrate your skin.
- It can cause an allergic reaction with those with overly sensitive skin by causing a rash or skin irritation.
- It is slow at killing toenail fungus. It is recommended for light toenail fungus cases but for more severe cases, it will not make a significant impact.
This wonder balm fights all types of skin conditions caused by yeast, bacteria and fungus. It‚Äôs natural formula is designed to combat Athletes foot, ringworm and other fungal infections. This antifungal cream contains a high dose of therapeutic grade Tea Tree oil, Eucalyptus oil and Lavender oil, which deeply penetrates your skin to destroy all skins of a fungal infection.
Comes with 180-day money back guarantee, if not completely satisfied they will refund your money, no questions asked. They have designed a stay on formula that won’t drip off and will combat the toughest fungal infection, while repairing your damaged skin.
- This cream is top quality and quickly kills all types of fungus growth on our feet and body, including even the most aggressive toenail fungus.
- It is highly recommended by dermatologists worldwide and used by the USA military worldwide for all types of skin aliments.
- Once the cream is applied, it stays put, it doesn’t rub or slide off, it stays right where it was applied to get to work at devouring your unwanted fungus.
- It comes with a top dollar price tag and is not found easily at most pharmacies nationwide, but it can be ordered online.
- It is a greasy cream and leaves your skin feeling slippery after being applied. Also it has a strong fragrance that can cause an allergic reaction in some.
- If you are suffering from a resistant form of bacteria or fungus on your feet, this cream will not be able help fight it.
Triple Paste AF guarantees that their ointment will provide the help needed to relieve you from your fungus infection on your feet and body. Their cream is sweat proof and prevents chafing. It works as a fungicide and all types of superficial skin infections caused by yeast, bacteria and fungus.
It is made up to be a stay-put cream that is moisture resistant that begins to heal the minute it is applied to your skin. As it stays put, you can carry on with your day-to-day activities, even sports. Their soothing formula contains 2% miconazole nitrate. Help is on the way with this high quality ointment.
- This cream is one that is highly recommended by dermatologists nationwide because it works. It cures most skin aliments and heals the damaged skin at the same time.
- It is a thick paste, so once applied, it will stay put and get to work on curing the affected area at top speed.
- It is hypoallergenic and suitable for all skin types, even little babies suffering from diaper rash.
- It is hard to find at local pharmacies. Some pharmacies will order it in for you at an extra cost or you can order it online.
- This cream is so good at being waterproof that it is tricky to wash it off, especially off of your clothes that had contact with the cream. If this is a concern for you, it is possible to place gauze or a piece of hankie between your cream and your clothes.
- It will cost you an arm and leg but a small dab goes a long way and it will clear up the most stubborn fungal infection in a matter of days.
4. Lotrimin AF – Best Antifungal Cream for Jock Itch
Even though this amazing cream is advertised for a treatment for athlete’s foot, it can be used to treat a wide variety of other types of fungal infections such as jock itch and ringworm. It is also safe to use on babies who are suffering from diaper rash.
Only a small amount of cream is needed to begin healing and curing your fungal infection. This cream contains clotrimazole, which combats fungus. It is a greaseless and non-sticky cream that won’t stain your clothes. Clinically proven to cure almost every type of athlete‚Äôs foot.
- This cream fulfills its promise of curing the most stubborn type of athlete‚Äôs foot in less than two weeks. If you use this cream, your fungal infection will be a thing of the past.
- It comes with a nice low price and is easily found nationwide at all supermarkets and pharmacies.
- Dermatologists highly recommend this cream for other types of skin irritations such as diaper rash, jock itch and of course as an antifungal cream for athlete‚Äôs foot.
- It can cause an allergic reaction in some people. If you are sensitive to certain products, place a very small dab on your arm and observe for 24 hours before applying to the infected area.
- If you are suffering from a severe case of toenail fungus, this cream will not be able to cure you. You will need to use this cream combined with another cream that fights specifically toenail fungus.
- If ordering online: make sure you order from a reputable retailer, as there are many counterfeit products online.
This cream helps fight the most well known fungal infections such as athlete’s foot, jock itch and ringworm. Immediately after being applied it begins to soothe your itchy, irritated and dry skin. Medline combines their fungal remedy with Aloe Vera and Olivamine that relieve sore skin.
This cream contains 2% miconazole nitrate, which is designed to combat the toughest fungal infection. It is suitable to be used on all skin types but do not use for children under the age of 2 years of age.
- This cream is used in hospitals nationwide for treating all types of fungal, bacteria and yeast infections. It quickly relieves patients from dry, itchy and irritated skin while killing the fungus. It can combat the toughest skin infections in matter of days.
- It will not break your bank by purchasing this cream; it comes with an accessible price and gives you a powerful antifungal cream for a low cost.
- Medline has designed a non-greasy and non-sticky cream that won’t slide off of the infected area. Comes with a soft scent that is very pleasant.
- It contains parabens and other chemicals that can cause a severe skin irritation in some people. If you are sensitive to creams, apply a small dab to your arm and observe for 24-hours before applying to the infected area.
- If you discontinue use before the infection 100% cleared up, the fungus will return with a vengeance but now it will be immune to certain active medicines, so you might have to see your doctor for a prescription cream.
- It will not help a toenail fungal infection, if you are suffering from that, you will need to use a stronger antifungal cream.
An untreated fungal infection on our feet can pose a dangerous threat to our health, as it can spread to other parts of our body including our groin and hands. One of the best ways to avoid catching a foot fungus is by using sandals or flip-flops in common areas such as spas, pools or in the gym. Also, if a family member is suffering from a fungal infection, avoid sharing shoes or socks with them.
Once we have identified the type of fungal foot infection we have on our feet, we need to choose the best antifungal cream for us. If we are unable to decide what type of infection we have and the fungal infection has spread to our toes, the best antifungal cream for our feet is BEST Antifungal Balm by Puriya.
BEST Antifungal Balm by Puriya has developed an amazing antifungal cream that destroys every type of fungus, bacteria and yeast that plagues humans. It even can cure the most aggressive type of toenail fungus.
We hope this article helps you to have happy feet!