Eczema is a common skin problem that causes your skin to become red, inflamed and itchy.
It is commonly called dermatitis. One of the main triggers for eczema is dry skin, which makes your eczema worse.
The key to managing eczema is setting up a good routine of moisturizing your skin but what is the best eczema cream flare ups?
How can we find relief for our dry, inflamed itchy skin?
Update – If you have dry foot skin, check out the Removes Calluses Massager here. It works effectively for cracked heels well!
Before choosing a relieving ointment or cream for your eczema, you need to discover what type of eczema you are suffering from. Here are three main types of eczema.
Whatever the cause of your eczema, it is very uncomfortable and sometimes a flare-up can be very visible. The faster you apply an ointment or cream, the sooner your skin barrier strengthens and begins to protect your skin.
How to Choose the Best Eczema Cream
When choosing an eczema cream, look for a cream that says it is hypoallergenic. Creams that say that they are all natural are not a guarantee that they are hypoallergenic; they could contain ingredients that aggravate your eczema.
Look for creams that contain glycerin, mineral oil and oatmeal, as they are all soothing ingredients. Choose creams that are thick and have to be applied by your hand because they will have a higher oil to water ratio.
Avoid creams that contain artificial scents, fragrance, hydroxyl acid and retinol, as they will dry out skin causing an eczema flare-up. Also, if you have time you can have a soak in your tub with oatmeal to soothe your inflamed and sore skin.
Dermatologists‚Äô most recommended creams for eczema
Nobody enjoys having an eczema flare-up as it causes dry, rough and inflamed patches of skin to pop up all over, sometimes even on your face.
To help keep your eczema under control, here are 5 creams that keep your eczema under control even in the driest climate.
Top 5 Best Eczema Creams Review
Dermicoll ointment is the only eczema cream on the market that contains the highest quality, bioactive salmon collagen that is easily absorbed into your skin. It also contains Jojoba oil and Eucerin that help hydrate your skin, restoring its naturally elasticity and healing skin texture.
One of the biggest worries about Eczema is the unsightly proliferation of skin scales and skin dandruff. Dermicoll claims that they are the fastest cream on the market to eliminate unwanted scales better and faster than any other eczema cream on the market.
- It can heal all three types of eczema in a matter of days.
- It soothes the itchiest skin and by soothing the itching, putting a stop to the vicious cycle of itchy and starching. Itching leads to starching and starching leads to spreading the eczema, so more itchy dry skin.
- Even though it is called an ointment, it isn’t a thick greasy ointment. It is easy to apply and is quickly absorbed by your skin without leaving a tacky feeling on your skin.
- It is one of the most experience eczema creams on the market, but only a small bit is needed to cure and heal your skin.
- It can cause a serious allergic reaction in those who have an allergy to sea fish such as salmon.
- It is not found at most pharmacies but can easily be ordered online or purchased from your dermatologist.
This salve was designed by a caring mother to treat her daughter‚Äôs eczema. Many eczema treatments sting when applied but this ointment goes on pain free making it ideal to use on sensitive adults, younger children even newborns.
It contains no fragrances, paraben, phthalates, petroleum, mineral oils, synthetic waxes or harmful chemicals. It is also gluten and corn free. They say the secret ingredient is a large dose of love and the fair trade herbs for good karma. One of the main ingredients is castor oil that has fantastic soothing qualities.
- It is safe to use near to sensitive areas such as a newborn baby‚Äôs tosh or near to your eyes.
- A small dab of the salve goes a long way, so even if it costs more than other eczema creams you will need to use only a tiny bit of it to see results.
- Works wonders with little children as they are constantly licking and tasting everything, it doesn’t contain any toxic ingredients that could make your little toddler ill.
- It is not effective on severe cases of eczema, as it is best at preventing eczema from happening in the first place or for a very mild case of eczema.
- It has a Vaseline type consistency and is extremely greasy. It gets on your clothes and is hard to wash out, leaving oily spots on your clothes.
- As it has a low oil ratio, it can actually cause your skin to dry out quickly, meaning more eczema flare-ups in the future.
- It is not hypoallergenic and allergic reactions can have happened with those with severe allergies. Make sure to do a small test on your arm, before applying to the infected area.
- Even though it claims to be unscented, it has a grassy smell.
3. Era Organics – Best Eczema Cream for Face
Era organics has designed a super food for your skin, jam-packed with the vitamins, minerals and amino acids that your skin needs to provide relief from your eczema. They guarantee that their cream will heal and cure your dry, cracked, scaly, painful and itchy skin and that they have 100% customer satisfaction, if you are not completely satisfied, they will refund your money, no questions asked.
Their cream contains wholesome ingredients such as organic Aloe Vera, Shea Butter, cocoa butter, coconut oil and much more. They use the best ingredients to give you the best eczema cream . Their non-toxic, hypoallergenic creams are quickly absorbed into your skin and are safe to use all over your body, wherever you are having an eczema flare-up. It helps repair damaged skin and prevents future flare-ups and is safe for all ages.
- Made in the USA and comes with a 60-day money back guarantee, with no questions asked.
- It has a light, non-greasy formula that is quickly absorbed into your skin, meaning no sticky feeling skin or oily marks left on your clothes.
- It is hypoallergenic and contains no alcohol that can dry out the skin more. It can be used on mild to severe cases of eczema and in less than 24 hours, you can expect to see results.
- This cream is moderately priced and a small dab can go a long way.
- If you are suffering from contact dermatitis, this eczema cream will not provide the relief needed as it is only a topical solution and not internal. It might case bigger flare-ups in the future.
- It is fragrance free but not unscented, it has a strong scent that can be hard to get used to in the beginning, once it absorbs into your skin the scent almost disappears.
- This cream stings when applied to moderate to severe cases of eczema, making it unsuitable for using with younger children.
4. Puriya Cream – Best Cream for Eczema
Puriya wants to breathe life back into your dry, inflamed and irritated skin and restore it to it’s natural beauty by healing your eczema and strengthening your skin‚Äôs natural barrier function. They state that their cream provides a mother lode of benefits such as relief from itching, reducing inflammation, moisturizers your skin, stimulates cell growth and cell regeneration and so much more.
They use the highest quality amaranth oil that studies have proven to aid in cell regeneration and cell growth. They use 13 natural skin super foods that will repair and heal your eczema once and for all. Made in the USA with no fragrances or colors.
- It comes with 180-day money back guarantee; if you are not completely satisfied you can return with no questions asked.
- Their formula is non-greasy and is quickly absorbed into your skin, without leaving your skin feeling greasy or sticky. Also, it is safe to use under your clothes, as it will not leave an oily substance on your clothes.
- You will see results in less than 24-hours from using, providing relief and healing your skin almost instantly.
- Puriya cream for eczema is suitable for mild to severe cases of eczema and it has a non-stingy formula that is safe to use on younger children.
- If you are suffering from contact dermatitis, this cream will only provide relief from your eczema but it will not prevent recurrences, as it most likely related to a food allergy.
- To prevent recurrences of eczema, it is necessary to continue using the cream daily, even if your eczema has healed. If not, flare-ups can come back with a terrible vengeance.
- It is difficult to find at local pharmacies but readily available online. Just make sure you buy from a reputable retailer that respects their money back guarantee.
- The cream is a natural product but it is not hypoallergenic, so allergic reactions can happen. Before applying to the infected area, apply a small dab to your upper arm and observe for 24-hours.
Bye-Bye Eczema supplies the solution for all types of eczema, their cream will put an end to your suffering. They have designed a hypoallergenic formula that is safe to use on all age groups, skin types and even newborn babies.
From the first instant you apply this cream, be prepared to say goodbye to dry, itchy, inflamed and scaly skin caused from eczema. Dermatologists approve this cream because doctors that understand the causes behind eczema designed it.
- It comes in a non-greasy formula that will not leave your skin feeling oily or sticky, the cream is quickly absorbed by your skin and begins work instantly.
- It works best for mild to moderate cases of eczema, quickly healing your skin and leaving it soft and smooth.
- It is hypoallergenic, so it is safe to use on all types of skin types.
- If you are suffering from contact dermatitis, this cream can actually aggravate your eczema and make it worse.
- If you are suffering from moderate to severe case of eczema this cream will not be able to heal your skin as it was designed as moisturizing and for curing only mild cases of eczema.
- It contains alcohol, so when applied it will sting. If using on children it will be very painful for them as eczema leaves their skin exposed and inflamed.
So, if you are looking for a cream that will help with your eczema, it is quite a challenge. Above, we examined the pros and cons from five products recommended by dermatologists. Each one had good points but some had negative reactions on some types of eczema.
Thus, the first important step is to know which of the three types listed is the one we have and to make sure that the cream is effective on that type of eczema.
Once, we know that, we would be looking for a product that is hypoallergenic.
Other factors to consider would be cost effectiveness, availability, and that the cream is non-greasy and not a product that stains your clothes.
Finally, if we are using the cream on infants or children, we should make sure that it is safe for all ages.
If there is no allergy to sea fish, the ‚ÄúDermicoll Pure Marine Collagen to Aid Eczema Treatment‚Äù seems to be the best one to use, as it does the job quickly and effectively with no side effects and heals all types of eczema.
May the cream you choose make your eczema a thing of the past!